CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Our Saturday







Well I will continue the German updates until others start responding. First, I have attached an updated picture of my finger....mainly just b/c it looks a lot worse than it is. I still have a limited range of motion, but that will just take time.


Second, I attached some photos of our day trip to Idar-Oberstein today. Little town about 1hr from our house. I had been there, but wanted to take Suzy back to see it. It is famous for a church that built right in to the side of a mountian. Built in 1442-1444, the church still stands as the landmark of the city. The only access to the church is through a tunnel that you hike up about 100 steps to reach. On the inside of the church parts of the rock cliff are incorporated into the structure. After spending some time in the church, hiking to the castle above and it and checking out some of the shops (all selling the same cheapo gemstone necklaces) we drove the other side of the valley and had a little picnic in the back of the BMW stationwagon (we are kind of liking the whole wagon versatility thing). Yeah, we propped up the tailgate with a shovel handle and had a nice lunch. Then I popped the hood, put in some oil, fired it up and drove home. I know hill billy, but it gets us around and it only cost $1,600.

0 comments: